A French lifestyle and fitness blogger passed away after being hit by an exploding can of cream on her chest. Rebecca Burger’s family took to her social media pages to announce the death of the blogger on Sunday in what the family termed as a “domestic accident.”
According to French authorities, the 33-year blogger died as a result of cardiac arrest at her home on Saturday. Firefighters managed to revive her heartbeat but she later died in hospital the following day in hospital. The family posted a photo of the device that malfunctioned and claimed her life. “Here is an example of a siphon that exploded and crashed into Rebecca’s chest, causing her death,” read the caption, translated from French.
Burger has 50,000 fans on her Facebook page and 167,000 followers on Instagram. She also ran a blog called Rebecca Likes on which she wrote about style, travel and other lifestyle topics.
A company that had been using Burger as their model took to her Instagram to pay tribute to the blogger. “We are sorry to announce the sad news of losing this beautiful soul,” said the post by Women’s Best. “Our french athlete Rebecca Burger (@RebeccaBlikes) passed away.”
The company that manufactured the dispenser, Ard’time had recalled the product after the first incident was reported in February 2013. According to reports by 60 Millions, a consumer magazine, two people sustained injuries in 2014 through a similar incident where a whipped cream canister exploded.
Whipped cream can be dangerous in many ways and the death of Rebecca Burger is a strong proof. When you use the hand to whip cream, the mass undergo twice the expansion as the volume of the original cream. The heavy cream is always mixed with nitrous oxide under high pressure so as to make it easier to carry around. The nitrous oxide mixes with the cream hence dissolving it a milky fatty cream. When a whipped cream is sprayed out of the can, gasses dissolved turn into bubbles and turn the whole into foam. The more the amount of gases in the cream, the fluffier the cream can be.