The top comedian Bill Cosby was not convicted after a trial that got the judges deadlocked. It would at the same time be wrong to say that he was acquitted. However, one thing that is very clear is that quite a large number of his supporters seem to be celebrating since they see it as a victory. Following the declaration of a mistrial on June 17, a number of top prosecutors in Montgomery County, Penn according to sources made a vow to see to it that it did not end at the mistrial. They vowed to do all within their means to see to it that the old actor faced consequences for his actions.
According to Latimes.com , the charges that had been facing the top comedian in the law court were those of sexually assaulting Constand. The court proceedings had witnessed lawyers from both sides engage in a wild battle of exchanges.
Some people take the strong stand that the comedian was indeed guilty of the accusations, moer so considering that a numer of otrher woman showed up all alleging that he had assaulted them some years back.
Andrew Wyatt, who happens to be Cosby’s spokesman, shocked many by his statement. He did not seem to indicate any form of humility and instead defended the actor saying that recently a lot of old men were finding themselves caught up in such a mess and that it needed to stop.
He said that Cosby’ case should serve as an example for all those out there that are focused on tarnishing the names of dignified people like Bill Cosby. That has not been taken well by a lot of people who think that the spokesperson wasn’t being realistic and sensitive. Wyatt said that it was high time the comedian got back to work and that everyone needed to understand that.
In a statement to top journalists he said, “This is bigger than Bill Cosby. This issue can affect any young person, especially young athletes of today. They need to know what they are facing when they are hanging out and partying, when they are doing certain things they shouldn’t be doing. And it also affects, you know, married men.”